Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound 28 oz.
Noiseproofing Compound 28 oz.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a unique damping product that is ideal for new construction and renovation projects. It is the most popular and cost-effective soundproofing material on the market. The compound’s unique properties act as a damping material to dissipate the vibrations caused by sound waves as they travel through ceilings, walls and floors. Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is non-hazardous, environmentally-responsible, and has practically no odor. Starting at less than $0.50 per square foot, it’s a cost-effective solution that gives you peace of mind—literally. It also adds value to your home or commercial space.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound has been proven to work in conjunction with the following materials:
- DRYWALL – Click here for recommendations on drywall assemblies. You may use factory-damped drywall, but you can save yourself the extra expense by simply using extra layers of standard drywall with Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound.
- WOOD PRODUCTS – Medium-density fiberboard (MDF), Oriented strand board (OSB) and plywood for applications like floors, soffits, seating risers in home theaters, stages, loudspeaker cabinets, and others.
- INSULATION – common building fiberglass (yes, the fluffy pink stuff) works just as well or even better than pricier insulation materials.
- SOUNDBOARD – we recommend using as an underlayment for flooring rather than for walls and ceilings because soundboard lacks the mass required for effective damping.
- MASS LOADED VINYL – MLV and other limp mass products with Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound
- SHREDDED RUBBER UNDERLAYMENTS – the heavier and thicker, the better. Use compound on a solid surface and not on mesh or open-web underlayments.
- STEEL STUD WALLS – Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound also performs outstandingly with steel stud walls. For details and information about specific wall types, click here.