ROCKWOOL COMFORTBATT is a semi-rigid stone wool batt insulation for exterior wood and steel stud applications in both new construction and renovations. It features a unique flexible edge designed to compress as the batt is inserted then spring back, expanding the batt against the frame studs to give a complete fill. This flexibility ensures the expected R-value is achieved and maintained. Non-combustible and fire-resistant, COMFORTBATT will not develop toxic smoke or promote flame spread, even when exposed directly to a fire. It is also offers water and moisture resistance and excellent sound absorbency.COMFORTBATT is an effective way to improve a home's energy efficiency. It is GREENGUARD Gold Certified and contributes to a healthier indoor environment.
16" O.C. for 2x6 Steel Studs (48 Sq. Ft.)
- Fire-resistant due to its high melting temperature of 11770C (21500F)
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Easily cut
- Does not rot or promote growth of fungi or mildew
- Covers: 43.3ft2 (5.55 m2), Thickness: 6" (152 mm), Width: 16" (387 mm), Length: 47 (1194 mm), 6 pieces per package