The new generation PLANEX long-reach sander is revolutionizing drywall construction – with LED light and random orbit movement. The all round LED light ring works like a built in raking light and reveals any unevenness during sanding. The random orbit sanding motion produces outstanding surface quality – without any expensive reworking. The adjustable suction power, variable working length and clever T-handle ensure ergonomic work on walls and ceilings – making the tool easy to control, even during long periods of operation.
- Sanding with integrated light: all-round LED light ring to reveal unevenness
- Easier work: adjustable suction power to relieve the load on the arms and back; the PLANEX holds its own weight against walls and ceilings
- Individual adjustment: variable working length – up to two extensions can be added
- Reach further with less weight: ergonomic T-handle for greater range with shorter machine
- Neat and tidy: safe and space saving transport in the Systainer SYS3 XXL
- Zero maintenance and durable: the brushless EC motor is extremely robust, long lasting and maintenance free
- eccentric sanding motion for scratch-free surface quality
Sanding with built-in LED light ring
A ground-breaking innovation in this product segment is the new LED light ring surround. "When surveying the trade, the same difficulties have come up time and time again: Sanding marks and hard-to-spot irregularities which are only detected later on. The LED light ring built into the new long-reach sander provides perfect illumination in a 50-centimetre radius around the sanding head. This avoids the need for annoying, time-consuming and costly reworking by ensuring a perfect sanding result first time. Even during the test phase, our test tradesman was extremely excited, as the light ring lit up the sanding surfaces like a spotlight," explains Product Manager Simon Gröger.
Eccentric motion for a perfect surface finish
Customers' requirements for the surface finish quality of walls and ceilings are growing constantly and, as a result, perfect sanding results are needed. At the same time, the fillers used are becoming softer, thereby making such high-quality surface finishes harder to achieve. With its eccentric sanding motion, the new PLANEX makes these much easier to accomplish. Thanks to the eccentric sanding motion, premium scratch-free surfaces can be created in the shortest time frame – with no sanding errors or scratch marks.
Healthier working with relief for the arms and back
Ensuring healthy working practices has always been a key concern for Festool. This is why Festool has equipped its new PLANEX with an improved, adjustable extraction system. This means that it can hold its own weight when sanding walls and ceilings, relieving the weight from arms and backs – especially during lengthy tasks. "With the previous PLANEX models, the perfect extraction setting wasn't very intuitive. We have developed the new PLANEX LHS 2 so that the extraction support is more powerful and can be set with a single switch. This greatly simplifies daily sanding tasks," explains Simon Gröger.
In addition, the PLANEX can be individually adapted to the working height because its working length can be extended by to up 2.1 m using two guide extensions. This means that the new PLANEX can be used to sand even very high walls and ceilings. Furthermore, the clever T-handle allows for a longer range, thereby making tasks much easier. Festool has designed the overall handling of the new PLANEX to be highly intuitive: It is very easy to use and stows away perfectly in the new Systainer³ XXL – for secure, compact transportation.
A perfectly coordinated system
High volumes of hazardous sanding dust are generated when sanding plasterboard and drywall filler. Combined with the CTM 36 E AC PLANEX mobile dust extractor and GRANAT abrasive, Festool offers a coordinated system, which ensures a perfect surface finish quality and a healthy low-dust working environment. The new hole pattern in the sanding pad and abrasive ensure an ideal sanding performance with full-surface extraction.
Maintenance-free and durable
Festool has equipped its new PLANEX long-reach sander with the latest generation of brushless EC technology. This means no carbon brushes to be replaced, making the long-reach sander durable and maintenance-free.
Digital extension with the Festool Work App
With the new PLANEX, Festool has enabled full app connectivity.
The following extra features can be accessed in conjunction with the free Work App from Festool:
- Light control (operation, dimming and individual configuration)
- Current status (including runtime and temperature)
- Tutorials for tool operation
- Application tips
- Push notifications for machine faults
- Recommendations for suitable extractors
- Registration of the machine warranty
With its variety of applications and these additional features, the new PLANEX LHS 2 225 EQI long-reach sander is set to revolutionise daily sanding work on walls and ceilings. Festool is releasing the new PLANEX in the new Systainer³ XXL and in the set version with the matching Festool CTL/CTM 36 E AC PLANEX mobile dust extractor (with the PLANEX hose and new tool storage tray) to the specialist trade.
- Abrasive dia.: 8-7/8" (225 mm)
- Sanding stroke: 3/16" (4 mm)
- Length: 47-1/4" - 65" (1,2/1,65)
- Weight: (length: 1.20 m) 8.82 lb (4 kg)
- Weight: (length: 1.65 m) 10.36 lb (4.7 kg)
- Interchangeable sanding pad dia.: 8-1/2" (220 mm)
- Dust extraction connection dia.: 1-1/16"/1-7/16" (27/36 mm)
- VL-LHS 2 225 guide extension
- SC-LHS 2 225 hose clip
- Hook-and-loop fastener
- Granat P180 pack of five
- Plug it-Power Cord SJO 16 AWG-4
- Sanding pad dia. 220 mm incl. interface pad